Fundrise is the first investment platform to create a simple, low-cost way for anyone to unlock real estate’s historically consistent and exceptional returns. Our technology and world-class real estate private equity management provide access to a level of investment performance that only the wealthiest investors have enjoyed — until now.
We’re proud to be a Washington Post 2018 Top Workplace and the #1 financial services company on Inc’s 2018 list of the 5,000 fastest growing companies in the U.S. (#35 overall) . We exclusively hire creative, collaborative, and results-driven people with a penchant for bold ideas and an obsession with solving problems.
We’re seeking a talented, passionate senior web designer / developer to play a key role in realizing our vision of a world-class online investing experience. This role will encompass two primary responsibilities:
- Design: Think critically, ask the right questions, and create engaging experiences that delight people and solve meaningful business problems.
- Develop: Take your own designs (and the designs of others) and bring them to life through code.
In both lines of work you will take initiative and work with little supervision, but thrive on communication and constructive critique. Most importantly, you will bring a game-changing attitude to the table, while remaining humble and hungry to grow, learn and improve your craft.
This role will be expected to take leadership over the user experience and interface of Fundrise product initiatives in a fast-moving development cycle, including research, wireframing, user flows, prototyping, high-fidelity design, implementation, and data analysis.
Competitive salary and benefits, EOE.
Ideally, you are:
- Meticulous. Your designs consider all the relevant use cases and you consider the downstream consequences of any proposed change. Your code is thoroughly tested and validated across devices and browsers. A little paranoia is good.
- Organized. You judiciously maintain and organize the code and visual assets that drive our system’s pattern library.
- Pragmatic. You think critically about the task at hand and are constantly discussing and evaluating the trade-offs in different approaches — recognizing there are always different ways to solve a problem.
- Curious. You are naturally curious about things you don't understand and actively look for opportunities to grow and learn from those around you.
- Vocal. You participate actively in design and engineering team meetings, giving and receiving thoughtful feedback and critique. You do your best to check your ego at the door, receiving feedback well and iterating on your designs within a team, no matter how attached to them you are.
- Collaborative. You work closely with other designers and the engineering team every day to ensure seamless implementation and quality of finished product.
- 3+ years of experience creating beautifully effective websites and/or mobile apps.
- Deep knowledge of UI/UX principles, best practices, and common design tools.
- The ability to realize your designs and the designs of others through high-quality, maintainable code
- High level of familiarity with Sketch or similar software. Bonus points for exposure to tools such as After Effects or Cinema4D.
- A portfolio of work that can speak to both your UX and visual design skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills. You can articulate the “why” in your designs, process, and conclusions.
- Ability to consume information from multiple sources (requirements, user research, engineering considerations) and distill it into clean, logical UIs.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity — jumping into the design process for less defined products and ideas.