Fundrise is the first investment platform to create a simple, low-cost way for anyone to unlock real estate’s historically consistent and exceptional returns. Our technology and world-class real estate private equity management provide access to a level of investment performance that only the wealthiest investors have enjoyed — until now.
Fundrise was named a Top Workplace of 2018 by The Washington Post, and was Number 35 on Inc.’s 2018 list of the 5,000 fastest growing companies in the U.S.
Fundrise has an immediate opening in our DC headquarters for a full-time Accounting Staff or Senior. A successful candidate will have exceptional analytical capabilities, be attentive to detail, and have a strong work ethic. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who thrive in a dynamic, team-based environment with the initiative to work independently. Positive, team-oriented attitude required. The position offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role, you will:
• Assist with asset management responsibilities, including review of financial statements and other documents for underlying real estate assets
• Work directly with key personnel to build out emerging processes related to properties under development and directly owned properties
• Essential contributor to full cycle accounting process for consolidated financial statements including but not limited to: month end close process, bank, credit card, and other account reconciliations, journal entries, and preparing and maintaining supporting documentation for multiple publicly filed REITs/ funds
• Help prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual fund level financial statements
• Work on public SEC filings such as 1-Us, 1-SAs, and 1-Ks
• Assist in overall accuracy of general ledger and financial statement GAAP compliance
• Maintain and optimize the process of disseminating accounting information to external auditors, internal management, and other stakeholders
• Assist with quarterly net asset value calculations, deal closings, and servicing payments
• A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting
• 2-4 years of accounting experience (prior experience in real estate/REITs and construction accounting/project cost accounting is a must)
• CPA or equivalent designation preferred
• Superior written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, open concept environment
• Must have strong attention to detail and be flexible to shift priorities when necessary
• Intellectually curious, creative, and collaborative
• A firm believer in Fundrise's social mission