Fundrise is the first investment platform to create a simple, low-cost way for anyone to unlock real estate’s historically consistent and exceptional returns. Our technology and world-class real estate private equity management provide access to a level of investment performance that only the wealthiest investors have enjoyed — until now.
Fundrise was named a Top Workplace of 2018 by The Washington Post, and was Number 35 on Inc.’s 2018 list of the 5,000 fastest growing companies in the U.S.
Fundrise has an immediate opening in our DC headquarters for a full-time Tax Accountant or Tax Senior Accountant. A successful candidate will have exceptional analytical capabilities, be attentive to detail, and have a strong work ethic. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who thrive in a dynamic, team-based environment with the initiative to work independently. Positive, team-oriented attitude required. The position offers competitive salary and benefits.
In this role, you will:
• Prepare and maintain REIT compliance documentation, including periodic asset and income testing
• Manage preparation and review of thousands of investor’s 1099s, K-1s, and related calculations
• Perform review and/or preparation of annual tax provision for a C Corporation
• Prepare year-end Earnings and Profits computations
• Perform detailed technical review of the federal and state income tax returns
• Prepare tax memos
• Track and respond to tax notices
• Work with the internal software engineering team to develop tax-oriented tool
• Analyze and review tax implications of acquisitions, dispositions, and redevelopment of real estate
• A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting
• 2-5 Years of experience
• Big 4 or other public accounting
• Strong knowledge of partnership taxation
• Familiarity with REIT compliance and 1099s
• CPA or equivalent designation preferred
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Intellectually curious, creative, and collaborative
• Superior written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills