A career at Fundrise offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization. Since our launch, Fundrise has successfully funded the first and only public crowd equity real estate offerings in the U.S, raised over $125 million from investors in all 50 states, and garnered the attention of media ranging from the Atlantic Cities to the Wall Street Journal.
We're seeking a talented, passionate Software Engineer to help create the premier online investment experience. You'll work closely with our engineering lead to prototype and implement new features of our investment platform, iterating and improving it constantly along the way. Expect to split your time evenly between implementing new functionality and refactoring and maintaining the existing site.
Our startup's engineering team is small, so you will have a chance to have a significant and immediate impact on our growing user base and the overall success of our business. Our team comes from a diverse array of backgrounds, including real estate development, finance, computer science and design.
- Build and improve software systems for a fast-growing real estate investment platform.
- Collaborate with our design team to quickly iterate on prototypes
- Deploy software in rapid release cycles (sometimes multiple times a day!)
- Maintain and monitor systems built upon Amazon Web Services
- Take full ownership of the technology stack including front-end and back-end development as well as managing and maintaining databases, load balancers, content delivery, clustered caching, email delivery, 3rd-party APIs and and everything else.
- Application security is a constant and ever-present priority for Fundrise and you will help ensure that our users' data remains secure and private.
- 3 or more years of experience building dynamic production-level web applications
- A firm grasp of data modeling
- Experience working with SQL and 1 or more modern relational database systems
- Solid knowledge of data structures and computer science fundamentals
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- An appreciation for writing elegant code
- An aptitude and inclination for learning new domains quickly
Core Skill Areas
Preferred Skill Areas
- Amazon Web Services
- 1 or more web analytics platforms
- Familiarity with NoSQL data modeling and 1 or more NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with web applications and overall network security